February 14, 2013

It is that all consuming feeling of first sight. Or that which grows within you as you share sunlit evenings and dreams. It is sometimes that sneaky feeling that takes you by surprise, as after months or years of having been together, something as innocuous as a song or a look makes you realize it's been in you all along.

I am made of words. Of random lines in books and songs. Of bits of music that haunt me as i lay sleepless on moonlit nights that court my windows. And so, for me, it is as elemental as poetry. I've always disagreed with people who've said poetry is rhythm and meter. For me poetry is words put together so mellifluously it holds my soul captive. I do not really have to understand it, because i feel it deep within. And like princesses of yore, i find my dragons and castles and unicorns and delight in the adventures. I don't really know why, but my heart skips a beat everytime i come across the words. The lines are forever etched in my soul, and i alone know the smiles, and tears, and dreams and trials that it evokes. As they say, the greatest poetry is born out of the deepest tremors of the soul. It is a secret fiesta, mine alone.

And that defines love, the way i feel it coursing through me.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment