September 14, 2012

fifty nine

While i sit here
Sifting my thoughts
My thousand moods
Flying at you
Like an exaltation of larks.
I watch you dodge them
And i hope,
You'd catch but one.

There is so much i say
When i leave things unsaid
So much i hold inside
When i tell it all.
We could be perfect,
Like the dreams we see
But then i would miss you teasing me
And you would miss me, wooing you.

Do the long lazy nights and silliness matter anymore?
Do sulking and laughter become us?
Maybe, when i am old and grey
I'd still play games with you.
Tell you you're wrong, after cheating at chess
Or just watch you rage, when i steal your thoughts.
Tease you over your funny sneezes
Outdrink you maybe, and still be fine.

Maybe, i would want to
Make up for lost days
Through fifty nine monsoons, with nights storylike.
Maybe i would bore you, maybe add spice
But hope you know this, the years, they promise to be nice
Like the girl who claims to be so,
Night after night.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment