August 8, 2009

Prayer for an Absconding Soul!

My days are listless, my nights starless
My dreams brim with loneliness
My God has left her pedestal
She roams the fiery streets of Hell
Her anklets clamor in the crowd
And in the mirthless silence, I sense it loud
My palms are numb, my breath shallow
And as I wander the paths narrow
I seek a soul that has no voice
I seek a soul that's lost to vice
In Hell's dim lanes
I know I stand free of life's chains
And in my private hell
I send up a prayer
For an absconding soul
That has taken my perfidies so well
I bleed, I cry, I rise
As a phoenix from the ashes
My eyes flutter open and I see
My God, she's smiling at me
My soul's back from Hell,
back where it should be!

3 comments:

  1. This blog should be blessed with the gems from your InfyBlog too, you know :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eby
    A comment on my blog, at last!!!! Thank you, thank you !!! Will be putting up something soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and a 'Hi' right back to the 'Hi' you sent through Su :)

    3-day weekend, I just got loads of external blog links so that I'd have something to read! Guess I'm super addicted to InfyBlogs :D

    ReplyDelete